Coronavirus: Boris Johnson under fire over promised workplace inspections as physical checks paused due to pandemic

Credit: Independent- Published 1 week ago
Union says majority of spot checks will be done by phone, rather than in person

Credit: Newsflare
Published 4 days ago -  00:27
Shop assistant accidentally sprays sanitiser gel into customer's eyes instead of checking her temperature
This is the painful moment a supermarket assistant accidentally sprayed hand sanitizer into a customer's eyes instead of using a thermal scanner. CCTV footage from last Wednesday (May 13) shows a female customer walking into a 7-Eleven grocery shop before stopping to have her temperature checked to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The routine has become compulsory at the tens of thousands of stores across the country. Checkout staff have to take it in turns carrying out the temperature checks and ban people not wearing masks. However, the confused assistant at the store in Thailand was mixed up between the scanner she was holding in one hand and the alcohol sanitizer in the other. She then accidentally raised the spray to the customer and opened fire straight into her eyes. The customer was seen rubbing her face as her eyes were apparently stung by the sanitizer as the worker apologised to the customer and helped her to wash her face. The corporation who owns the supermarket later apologised said that they had reiterated to their employees to be more careful. Supermarkets in Thailand are allowed to open during the coronavirus pandemic but under strict measures to ensure all customers have temperature checks, and sanitize their hands and wear face masks.

You are here

You might like